Saturday, September 5, 2009

Corn Maze


(Written Friday afternoon) A corn maze opened today about a mile from our house, so Wayne and I went on a date there soon after he got off work at noon. We were their very first customers! It cost $12 each, which was a bit pricey, but it was a fun experience. I've never been in a corn maze before. (I think I went in a hedge maze at some palace in England when I was on Study Abroad in 1979, but I hardly remember it.)

You can find it here: http://www.cornfieldmaze.com


The man told us that the corn wasn't your regular corn-on-the-cob, it was actually grown to be used as silage or fodder for animals, so the cobs were quite yucky. They were infested with some kind of fungus.



After we went through the maze, we got to shoot a Corn Cannon, which was powered by compressed air. It shot corn cobs a very long way.


Then we played on the kiddie features, which included a mini-maze made of haybales, and a slide. Unfortunately, since we were the first customers of the year, the slide had not been tested and Wayne went down it first. There wasn't enough padding at the bottom and he hit his tailbone super hard on the ground at the bottom. I think he has injured his back. We will see how he is feeling tomorrow.

(Added two days later: He is fine.)

1 comment:

  1. I love corn mazes! Sounds like you had fun (minus the tailbone thing)!!

    ReplyDelete