Friday, April 16, 2010

Past three weeks

Well, we've been home from the cruise for almost three weeks, and I still have piles of stuff to do. The first week and a half was spent getting ready to teach in Tennessee, then we came home from that and I needed to sew a little jacket for Rachel so she could wear it over her bridesmaid dress tomorrow.

I have also been getting ready for the stake day of service, which will happen on Sat. April 24. I'm in charge of the baby quilt project. People have been donating fabric and I have been making some patchwork quilt tops. On the 24th we will be cutting fabric and batting and making kits to give to the Relief Societies and Young Women to finish.

I finished painting my master bathroom, but the other two bathrooms are only partially painted. I probably won't get back to that project for a month or two.

My molar chipped last week, so I just got a temporary crown yesterday, and will get my permanent crown in three weeks. Now I can't chew gum, which was my way of dealing with food cravings, so I know I won't be losing weight until I get that new crown on.

I am still looking forward to writing a novel in November with NaNoWriMo http://www.nanowrimo.org/. But I was surprised to find out that Tara decided to participate in the companion Script Writing contest, which is called Script Frenzy http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/. In that one, you are supposed to write a one-hundred page script during the month of April. I don't know yet how committed she is to finishing it.


Since I am a "natural-disaster-junkie", I've had a lot to dwell on lately. In 2010 we've had big (6.9 and up) earthquakes in Haiti (7.0 Jan. 12), Chile (8.8 Feb. 27), Baja California (7.2 Apr. 4), and China (6.9 Apr. 14). Four big earthquakes within 60 days of each other. Plus, the same day of the China earthquake, the big fireball/meteorite exploded in the sky over the Midwest USA and now the volcano in Iceland is causing airlines to cancel 17,000 airline flights a day over Europe.

Can you say "signs of the times"?

It might be a good time to get a few more emergency preparedness supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment