Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Project Runway finale

Last Thursday, I had the exciting time of watching the finale of "Project Runway". It was great! I had my choices narrowed down to two (Mila and Seth Aaron) and I had decided I didn't like Emilio anymore. And the winner was......Seth Aaron! I was very happy.

He is such a talented designer, I would especially like seeing him do the costuming for something as bizarre and far-out as Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" or a new "Wizard of Oz" or anything of that nature, with extremely costumey costumes.

I also really liked it that Seth Aaron wore one of his extremely costumey designs while he was showing his fashions (as opposed to Emilio, who wore a dumb T-shirt and an old hoody sweatshirt.)

And I also really liked it that Seth Aaron has a wife and two kids. Almost all the other males in the competition were gay.

I liked Mila's finale fashions also, I would be happy to wear a few of them. But Wayne didn't think hers could be changed into a clothing line. They were too retro sixties with no way to translate them into today's fashion. I disagreed, and thought they were great. I didn't like a lot of her stuff from earlier in the season, however.

I am going to be extremely impatient waiting for the next season to start, I really love this show.

P.S. I LOVED the way Anthony (from Georgia) talked. He cracked me up! The funny stuff he said every week was the highlight of the show for me. (Like when he said to the laughing silly 8-yr-old girls, "Do ya'll have an off-switch?" and when he said to Nina Garcia "I feel like you and I are girlfriends now" and he said "You don't have to wear a crown to be a queen.") I want to petition Hollywood to hire him as a cartoon voice actor. He would do a Southern gay black character so well!

2 comments:

  1. I love that show too. My favorite Anthony quote was when he woke up and said "Did my curlers fall out?" And the other one is when Tim was talking to him and then Anthony said, "I thought all I needed to bring with me were my design books but I'm going have to go back to Georgia and get me a dictionary" haha--they could make a reality show of him and I would totally watch. I loved Seth Aaron too. Emilio got TOO "holier than thou" and it started bugging me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched for the first time this season, and even though I don't sew and I'm not into fashion, I really liked it! I was also rooting for Seth Aaron, he deserved it.

    ReplyDelete