Thursday, December 3, 2009

Baby Doll from Hell



I have an old rubber jointed baby doll, which has seen better days. When I was little I named her "Amy-doll" because I thought she looked like me. But when my boys were bratty preteens, and saw this doll in my keepsake box, they named her "Baby Doll from Hell".

Its not a very nice thing to call her, because I did love her to pieces and it is not her fault that her hair is all rubbed off and one eye has turned a different color. But the name has stuck in our family.

When Tara and I went to the Wake County Library book sale last month, I bought a book on Antique and Collectible Dolls. I was stunned to find a picture of a "not beat up" Amy-doll in the book, (or at least a very similar doll). Who would have guessed that her real name was actually "Little Genius". I always knew that she was a Madame Alexander doll, because that was my mother's favorite brand, and she bought us many dolls from that company. And because my doll has the words "Madame Alexander" stamped on the back of her neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment