Saturday, December 26, 2009

Photos of Christmas


On Christmas Eve, we read the Christmas story from Luke and Matthew out of our special Christmas Eve book that I made way back in the early 1980's. We sing songs between each scripture verse.


Then we sing my favorite Christmas song, "C is for the Christ Child", and I lay these letters out across the floor as we sing each letter. Elizabeth and Thomas are helping me. After that, we read "The Night Before Christmas". When the kids were little, next we would place our stockings around the room and then go to sleep.


In the morning, we line up on the stairs and take a picture before opening presents. This Christmas was very unusual, we are all so old and boring that we slept in, and I am ashamed to say that we didn't start opening our presents until 10 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment