Thursday, December 17, 2009

Julie and Julia and Wayne

(Two News Flashes:
1) Bryce bought Brenan's car.

2) Also, Wayne is switching away from the 3:30 am-noon work schedule, ending tomorrow evening. Then he has one terrible week next week where he has to work midnight to 8 am. Then he has the week after Christmas off.
Starting January 4 he will be a regular person again, working normal hours. It will be nice to have him back on a normal schedule after one year of weirdness.)






(This is a photo of MR. RIGHT. There's nothing better than a man in an apron!)

Yesterday Wayne and I watched the DVD of "Julie and Julia" while he cooked a big dinner for the sister missionaries (pan-seared cod and flounder, both with Yoshida sauce, and stir-fried vegetables), and I cleaned the kitchen and mopped the kitchen floor. We enjoyed the movie, I hadn't known anything about Julia Child before that.

It was nice to see the happy marriage of Julie Powell and her husband, and Julia Child and her husband in the movie. Its nice to see happy marriages. (At least in the film the Powell's marriage was happy. I saw later on the internet something about a divorce. But I'll just keep thinking about their cuteness together as depicted in the movie.)

As Wayne cooked and I worked alongside him, he kept grabbing me to hug me and he kept comparing us to the happy people in the movie. The women were happy cooking, and Wayne was happy cooking. And I am very happy being married to a man who loves to cook. (Below: Division of Labor. I love to do the dishes after Wayne cooks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment