Monday, December 21, 2009

Dr. Suess Trees



I was teaching quilting in Lawton, Oklahoma around 2004(?) and went into a little gift shop and was enchanted with all the Dr. Suess-themed Christmas decorations which were for sale. I wanted them very badly, but did not want to spend the money.

I went to a party at Kennon's house a few weeks ago, and SHE HAD THE TREES FROM THE DR. SUESS COLLECTION! The whole collection came back to my memory, and I remembered how much I loved all that stuff.

I started kicking myself for not having bought the whole set. They had Grinch ornaments, and swirly twirly little houses with crooked roofs and chimneys, etc. It was totally ME, but I passed it all up. Dumb stupid me.

There have been a few times in my life that I look back and hate myself for not buying something, and this is one of them. Maybe someday I will find some of these items on Ebay and can own a few of them.

(I just asked Kennon where she got them, she said she bought them at Home Goods about 2 years ago. So these might not be those exact same trees, but they are close enough.)

No comments:

Post a Comment