Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My Hero

I was sitting in church on Sunday waiting for sacrament meeting to start. (We still have the 4:15-7:15 block, our new building is taking FOREVER to complete.) Tara had stayed home sick, and Zac was sitting at the sacrament table, so I was all alone. Wayne has been in the bishopric of the Young Adult ward in our stake for a year and a half, so most people who don't know me think I am single, or that I have an inactive husband.

I was feeling a little sorry for myself, when suddenly someone sat right down beside me, way too close. I looked, and it was Wayne! He had been at his church (25 miles away in Garner) all day since his bishopric meetings at 10 am, and had gone to all his meetings, and had decided to surprise me afterward by coming to sit with me during my sacrament meeting! What a nice surprise! That took him an extra hour of driving, and an hour and 15 minutes to attend the meeting, so he really sacrificed to do a nice thing for me! What a man! He's my hero.

ALSO

We want to get new flooring in our kitchen and living room, and realize that it is smarter to paint first while the old crummy floors are in place.

The problem is I REALLY REALLY HATE TO PAINT. So this painting thing is messing up my schedule. I am never going to get the floors done at this rate.

Do any of my kids want to do service for me instead of buying me a Christmas gift? I would dearly love for my kids to paint my kitchen and living room as my Christmas gift. It would be the best Christmas present ever! We could just tape and paint one wall per day during Christmas break. What do you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment