Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Gingerbread Houses #1


I was so impressed with Tracy Sax's family, doing such intricate gingerbread houses every year, that in 2007 we made them for the first time. I have no desire to bake the gingerbread, so we made them out of graham crackers and royal icing. We did it again in 2008.

In early December I made this one at a ward party. (We have already picked off all the candy and eaten the good stuff and thrown the rest away.)

I have been spending massive amounts of money on various candy, so we can have a gingerbread-creating party at my house when all my kids get together after Christmas.

I am saving all sorts of little boxes so that we can use them as a base inside the graham crackers, it is pretty hard to make the graham crackers stay perpendicular and parallel without some form of support inside.

1 comment:

  1. My daughter-in-law says to use a glue gun on the crackers. It works great.--Jo

    ReplyDelete