Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Daily News, and a Cruise

On Fast Sunday, we fasted for our new ward building to get finished. The groundbreaking was October 2007. We are at 2 years, 1 month, and counting.

Our stake is having the big Nativity Celebration at the stake center this week, and every single room will be in use, so they have cancelled seminary in the building for the rest of the week. What a nice break for me.

I don't have all my Christmas shopping done, but I did order several things from the internet and I really love doing that instead of going to the stores. Someday I hope to never have to leave my house, I'll just stay in my pajamas all day every day.

I have not been doing my quilting business for at least a year. Haven't been advertising myself or entering any competitions, so all my former students have forgotten all about me. It is sad, but I just couldn't keep up the business side of my quilting business while teaching seminary for the past 4 years. But I surprised myself a week ago by entering the first competition I've entered in more than a year. Maybe my two quilts will be in a big show in March, I'll wait and see if they are accepted.

Isaac got two free tickets to the Transiberian Orchestra concert at the RBC center, and since Rachel couldn't go, Isaac invited Zac. From what I can tell, that was one of the greatest experiences in Zac's life. He absolutely loved it.

Wayne and I went to the Young Adult regional dance Friday night (we go every first Friday). He is really fun to dance with, especially swing dancing. They played "In the Mood" and we had a good time, except for the fact that I wore clogs and the stupid gym is carpeted so we couldn't do any twirls or I would have stepped out of my shoes.

For all the regular music, we don't dance. We sit in the "game room" with the Brostroms and play Speed Scrabble.

Then Saturday night we went to a party at the Dixon's house, and I just can't stop thinking about that delicious hot crab dip. Mmmm Mmmm good!



Big News: My siblings and I, and spouses, are planning to take my mother on a cruise for her 80th birthday in March. She has been on many cruises before, but the rest of us have never gone on one. We are trying to get some really good last-minute pricing, so we still don't know when, where, or on what cruise line we are going. It will most likely be to the Caribbean, on the biggest ship we can find with a good price. And I don't want to go on Carnival.

If you've ever gone on a cruise, email me and tell me some advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment