Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Books: "The Great and Terrible" series

I just read two books which have given me the serious freak out.

The series is called "The Great and Terrible" series, by Chris Stewart. The person I borrowed them from did not own Vol. 1, so I just read Vol. 2 and Vol. 3. Janette's mom recommended them, and told me it was fine not to read Vol. 1. They were written by an LDS author, and I think Vol. 1 sets up the main characters in the pre-existence. I don't think it ruined the story at all to miss that volume.

Wow are they good books! Chris Stewart is a military guy, so he knows all about how the military works, and the plot is absolutely believable, the way the various secret combinations are plotting to destroy America.

Vol. 2 ends with Gaza and Washington D.C. both getting nuked. I am dying to borrow Vol. 3 as soon as I can. I want to see how the main characters survive with no government, no gasoline, while they wander across the nation trying to get to safety.

The titles are: Volume 2: Where Angels Fall and Volume 3: The Second Sun.

One thing I enjoyed about the books is that he flashes back and forth from the real world, and then to the spirit world and shows us what the evil spirits are doing all around the evil people, and then shows us what the angels are doing to try to protect the humans. It is great imagery, just exactly what I can picture in my own imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment