Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Life around here


We spent July 4 at Isaac and Rachel's house. The little kids went to bed at 8 pm, so we watched a Roman candle burn when it wasn't even dusk yet. But they still enjoyed it.

I am happy that Janette, Seth, and Wayne, and Patti's bookclub, have all read or are currently reading "One Second After" by William R. Forstchen (about a fictional ElectroMagnetic Pulse attack on the U.S.A). I guess its my role in life to recommend books which scare people with "what if?" scenarios.

I keep making Tara clean up more stuff out of her bedroom and store boxes in the attic. All the boxes Seth took out of the attic when he and Janette moved back to North Carolina have now been replaced, plus some.

She signed up for her classes at BYU on Monday night at midnight.

As soon as she leaves, I am planning to make her bedroom into a guestroom/grandkids' toy room/food storage room. This will be the first time that a kid has left a room vacant when he/she moved out to college. Always before, the kid was sharing a room with someone.

In case you haven't seen him lately, Zac has grown a beard. He is not making the progress I would like on his Eagle project, but I am trying to stop pushing him. HE is the one who is supposed to be learning leadership, not me.

Wayne asked "What do you call the end of a shoelace?". I didn't know, so he looked it up on the internet.

The answer: It is called an aglet. Just in case you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment