Sunday, July 18, 2010

Stash or Stable?

I wrote about a lady with a whole basement of fabric that I met around 2007 (I posted about it on 1/3/2009). I said that after seeing her over-abundance of fabric I made a vow not to buy any fabric for a year. I wanted to see how many quilts or quilt tops i could make with what I had.

The answer was, I made 18 quilts and quilt tops that year, and still had plenty of fabric left over. I have been pretty frugal in the couple of years since then. But I have to admit, even though I buy very little, the amount of fabric keeps creeping up.

Quilters have some lingo which I will share with you now.

UFO=Unfinished Objects

Stash=a quilters collection of fabric, thread, embellishments, etc.

And I just learned a new one:
STABLE= Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy.

A stable is what that woman had. And I don't want to be like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment