Friday, July 23, 2010

Sights in Texas

Newsflash: Adam has received a job offer! It sounds really great, and seems to be just the kind of job he was looking for. You'll have to get the details from him.


Here are some things I saw while I was teaching quilting in Texas:

I always take pictures of interesting houses, like this stone house in Weatherford, TX. I collect odd house photos to show to my students in my "Playtime Neighborhood in Fusible Applique" workshop, so if any of you have some cool architecture around you, please send me a digital photo of it.


I went shopping in four different quilting stores while I was there, I think this display of toy sewing machines was in a store called Magnolia Quilt Works in Arlington. I fell in love with these cute little sewing machines! They are all antique, and the owner said she bought each one at an estate sale or on ebay for $40 or less. I definitely want to collect a couple someday.

Here I am, sitting on a huge branch of a magnolia tree outside of the Lone Star House of Quilts in Arlington, TX. I wish my whole family could have been there, this would have been a great tree to pose on for a family portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment