Sunday, January 3, 2010

Centipede

When I went to the NC Natural History museum I saw this awful centipede, and remembered an episode from my childhood.



After my second grade or third grade year, my dad was starting a crusher in Pawnee, Oklahoma, so we fixed up an old trailer house and moved it to the property so we could live there for the summer. (We still had our house in Bartlesville.)

My uncle Steven was either just about to go on a mission or else he was just back from his mission, and he came to Oklahoma to work at the crusher. He and another guy from our ward slept in an old farmhouse on the crusher property.

One day I was in their house, where they had their sleeping bags on the floor, and a centipede just like this one (about 4-5 inches long) came running out from under their sleeping bags. My siblings and I and the guys were all completely creeped out. I think they moved their sleeping bags up off the floor somehow after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment