Friday, January 8, 2010

No Snow

Yesterday I had such a hard time making myself prepare my seminary lesson for today, because the weather said we might have snow. Our area has very few snow plows, so when snow falls, it doesn't get removed. Therefore, everyone panics and everything gets closed. Our schools have been closed or delayed almost every time there has been even the slightest trace of snow, or even when it is predicted.

I kept thinking "School will be cancelled or delayed, so there will be no seminary." I kept putting it off. Finally, about 8 pm, Wayne said he didn't see any clouds on the radar at all, so he didn't see how we were going to get any snow. So I buckled down and prepared my lesson.

Then, at 9 pm, the Wake County school board announced a 2-hour delay for school Friday. We all rejoiced, because we didn't have to get up for seminary.

I got up this morning, and as Wayne predicted, there was no snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment