Sunday, January 10, 2010

Dear Solly

We had a couple of recordings by the 1960's LDS musical comedy group, the 3D's, which we listened to a lot, especially in the car on the way to and from church on Sundays. My kids will probably remember the following skit which was on the album "Old Testament and Other Stories" by the 3D's.

Every week on our radio show, you, our audience, have the opportunity to mail in your personal problems to be answered by the world-renowned expert on our show.

Our expert, of course, is the world's wisest man, King Solomon. And he will answer your questions based on his bestselling book, Ecclesiastes.

Welcome to this portion of our show, which we call "Dear Solly"

King Solomon, I have a letter here from a listener who writes:
"Dear Solly, I have such a hard time accomplishing everything that needs to be done. Do you have any advice on how to schedule my work?
Signed, Disorganized"

"Dear Disorganized,
To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven. Eccl. 3:1"

King Solomon, This is a letter from a young boy which says

"Dear Solly,
Everyone is always telling me that I've got to study and read and stuff, and your'e probably gonna tell me the same thing too.
Well, I'm sick and tired of studying, and I'm gonna go out and play baseball. What do you think of that? signed, Normal Boy"

"Dear Boy,
Be admonished that making many books there is no end. And much studying is weariness of flesh. Eccl 12:12"

Our last letter today is from a homemaker with a cooking problem. She writes:

"Dear Solly,
I have such a hard time keeping my bread moist. I keep forgetting where I put it, and by the time I find it, its all dried out. What can I do?
Signed Dry, Crusty, and Forgetful"

"Dear Crusty,
Cast thy bread upon the waters, and thou shalt find it after many days. Eccl. 11:1"


(From a recording by the 3D's)

No comments:

Post a Comment