Monday, January 11, 2010

Cruise Tickets Purchased!


The cruise with my family is finally purchased. My siblings, their spouses, my mother, and Wayne and I are going on a Mexican Riviera cruise on the ship named Sapphire Princess for my mother's 80th birthday. We embark in Los Angeles, and will be gone 7 nights.

The ship will go south down the coast of Baja California and will visit the ports of Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta. Wayne is already salivating over all the shore excursion packages and wondering which ones to buy. I am wondering where to buy a good swimsuit, summer clothing and a new formal dress.

This will be our first cruise, and we are considering it to also be our 30th anniversary celebration (Our anniversary will be in June). This will also be our first time in Mexico.

When we first started planning this in September, my sister said, "Let's take Mother on a cruise for her birthday. If you wait until the last minute, you can get great cruises for only about $300 per person." We thought that was great, and so I started shopping for cruises several times a week. As October and November went by, we started looking at longer and longer cruises.

Yes, it was easy to find last-minute deals for $250-$400 on lots of shorter cruises (3 nights or 4 nights or 5 nights), but what we finally decided on was a 7-nighter. It was still an outstanding deal, though. It turned out to be $550 per person.

If Wayne and I had gone by ourselves, we would have gotten a ship leaving from Florida. It is going to be a pain for us to fly to and from California, but most of my family lives in that direction, so it will be easier for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment