Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Thirty Years Ago- Dating Wayne (part 1)

Thirty years ago I was a junior at BYU, interested in lots of different guys. The main guy I had a crush on was Dave J., and Dave and I were the "mom and dad" of our Family Home Evening group. Wayne was a member of our FHE group, also he was Dave's roommate.

Because today is the 30th anniversary of my first date with Wayne, I thought I would tell a bit of the story.

In my diary of Jan. 1980 these are the people I either went on dates with or they came to my house to visit me:

Jan. 4- Phil
Jan. 5- Dave
Jan. 6-Dave
Jan. 10- Dave
Jan. 12- Dave
Jan. 17- Dave

Jan. 22- My brother-in-law Mark bought tickets to the Osmond Concert at BYU, and told me to invite someone. I invited Wayne on Jan. 22, because I was feeling like Dave didn't really like me and I didn't want to invite him.

Wayne has said since then that he had a rule never to date someone his roommate was dating, but he was oblivious that Dave was interested in me, so he said yes, and proceeded to come over all the time.

Jan. 23- Dave, Wayne (at different times)
Jan. 24- Dave, Wayne (at different times)
Jan. 25- Dave found out I had invited Wayne to the concert. He came over and yelled at me because he thought I was mean to ask Wayne out just to make Dave jealous. I said I didn't think Dave liked me that much, that I asked Wayne because he seemed like a nice guy and I hadn't known who to invite. So we worked it out and he left feeling better.

Jan. 26- Dave in afternoon. Wayne and I to Osmond Concert that evening. Our first actual date. THIRTY YEARS AGO TODAY!

Jan. 27- Wayne
Jan. 31- Wayne

I bet you are wondering how this all turned out! I'll tell more of this exciting saga on Feb. 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment