Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Some News

North Carolina is having a big cold snap, very much colder than it usually is, but I guess thats happening all over the place.

Seth and Janette flew back to Utah Monday, Bryce flew back on Saturday. We had lots of fun with all 6 kids and their families here together during Christmas break.

Wayne just went back to working regular hours at IBM, he was on the early morning shift for all of 2009 (3:30 am-noon).

I am still teaching seminary, I really love it that this year we are studying the Book of Mormon.

Our new ward building (1/2 mile from my house) is STILL NOT FINISHED, so we still have to drive the 9 miles to and from the Apex stake center for seminary and for church on Sundays. Our Morrisville Ward is still meeting from 4:15-7:15 pm on Sundays in the stake center until that new building is done. And we have no place to meet for Youth night, so they have to do everything at people's homes.

Our ward is not the only one feeling annoyed that the building is taking so long.

Last Sunday, the Fuquay-Varina Ward was created, out of some of the southern-most wards in our stake. They should be meeting in the stake center. But because the Morrisville building isn't done yet, the Green Level ward and the Morrisville Ward are still meeting in the stake center. So the new Fuquay-Varnina ward has to meet in the Garner building, which is a 33 minute drive from my friend Sally's house. And they have to meet from 4 - 7 pm.

I can't wait for this ward building to get done. It will be closer to my house than any other ward building I have ever attended.

Tara is waiting to hear if she got into BYU. She got accepted to BYU-Idaho but wants to go to Provo. She will graduate from high school in June.

Bryce bought a car, so can go more places now.

My siblings and our spouses are going on a cruise with my mom for her 80th birthday in March. We are waiting for the best deal, so we don't have the cruise purchased yet. I am really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment