Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Quilted Coin Purse




Yesterday I taught 3 teenage girls a sewing class for three hours. I made this little coin purse last Saturday as the example of what they were going to make.

Last Saturday I found a simple pattern for this purse, and looked in my UFO's (unfinished objects) and found a quilted piece of patchwork that I had worked on in a machine-quilting class I had taken once. I think it was a 6-hr class, and the teacher spent the whole time teaching us various machine-quilting doodles to put all over the fabric. So I had spent that long on this UFO and had never thrown it away.

When I saw the UFO on Saturday, I thought it would be good to make the purse out of it. So I whipped up the purse in less than an hour.

I showed it to Wayne I said, "Look what I made today."

He said, "Wow! That's really impressive! You could sell those!".

I couldn't help but laugh. Ya, right. Someone would pay me what it was worth to make a coin purse that took me more than seven hours to make.

I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment