Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Little Seamstress

I wrote a few days ago about Elizabeth sewing 5" on my quilt.

Then I went to babysit there again, and I planned to keep my mouth shut. I wanted to know if she really liked sewing or if I was pushing it on her.

I got to her house, Thomas was napping, and Elizabeth came up to me and said, "Let's look in your bag." So I let her look at all my quilting stuff again.

She said, "My friends said I don't know how to sew, but I DO know how to sew. I want to sew!"

So I threaded the needle and helped her push it in at the right place, and then she pulled it through, and we did that all the way around---12 inches worth of a running stitch!!!!! And she didn't want to stop, but I had to knot off the thread because we were at the end.

She is 3 1/2 years old. I am in shock.

And when we were done, she said again, "My friends say I don't know how to sew. But I DO know how to sew." It was kind of a mantra with her, she was proving to herself that it was true. Amazing.

She also said, "I want to sew my own quilt." So I promised her that next time I would bring her own quilt to sew on. I guess I'll make some little patchwork thing so she can hand quilt it, thats obviously what she likes to do.


Also, I just bought 2 new shirts for my cruise. I am getting excited to go. I wish I could find a very cheap formal. I don't care for the only one I have, but it is going to have to do unless I find a good deal.

1 comment:

  1. When we went on our cruise, the formal didn't turn out to be all that formal. I got my formal outfit at Dress Barn. It was a black, knee length pencil type skirt with a gold colored satin collared shirt.

    It's hard to find a modest, nice looking dress! Most of the people on my cruise were dressed like me. A few looked nicer and a bunch looked worse!! :)

    ReplyDelete