Thursday, January 28, 2010

Compatibility and Booklights




For all of 2009, Wayne went to bed before I did, because he was working the 3:30 am shift. I would very quietly go to bed at 8:30 or 9 pm and not wake him up.

Now he is back on a regular shift. I still have to go to bed at 8:30 or 9 so I can get up at 5:00 am for seminary, but he doesn't have to go to sleep early.

He will get in bed and start reading a book. AAAAAAAAGH!!! This does not work for me.

So Saturday we bought this cute little book light, General Electric brand, hanging at the checkout counter at Walmart, for $4.99. I am hoping that it helps. And that we do not get a divorce.

(It is such a well-designed little booklight, and so inexpensive, that if any of my kids want one, just tell me and I will go buy some more for Christmas or birthdays. Anything I can do to help your marriages!)

2 comments:

  1. Adam would NEVER read in bed while I was trying to sleep. I'm not sure if it's because he's so courteous, or because I'm so scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to check in and get caught back up on your blog. I need to do this more often. I like the looks of the book light, but it reminds me of why I can't read in bed when Harry is trying to sleep. (Is reading in bed a Winsor thing?) When I have tried it, Harry can't sleep, just because he knows I'm not settled down yet. No matte how carefully I turn the pages, he is annoyed by the sound of it. He wil say, "You about ready to shut it down yet?" I've learne dto read in bed before he comes to bed, if I'm going to do it.

    ReplyDelete