Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tiny Quilting Students

(Bad news! That church/builder meeting that was supposed to be held Thursday WASN'T held after all. Boooo! I'm going to have to go to church from 4:15-7:15 pm FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!)


I was babysitting for my grandkids last week. For the first hour, Thomas was napping. I asked Elizabeth if she wanted to see my quilting stuff. She seemed interested as I showed her a few things in my sewing bag.

Then I decided to demonstrate how I make a quilting stitch. She said "I want to do it." So I helped her hold the needle and helped her poke it in at the right place and pull it out the other side.



She loved it! "I want to do another one!"

So I helped her sew another stitch, and another, and another, and she ended up sewing about five inches worth of stitches! She is only 3 1/2! I was so excited.

After she got tired of that, we started looking at quilting magazines. She never complained, and kept looking at the pictures and showing me which quilts she liked. (She liked the pink ones, basically.)

When Thomas woke up, all he wanted to do was sit on my lap, so we just continued looking at quilting magazines together. When Rachel came home, she was so amazed that she took these photos.

What a lovely way to spend my babysitting time.

No comments:

Post a Comment